Fasting and Prayer for today
posted by: Joan Vine | on: Wednesday, 8 July 2020, 13:53
“Fasting is setting aside the things of earth that you seek for satisfaction, in order to seek satisfaction from God” Tiffany Montgomery
Call to Prayer: Let us Worship the Lord in the beauty of Holiness, worship Him with psalms, hymns and Spiritual songs. For the Lord is good and his mercies endures forever. Receive our Praise Lord in Jesus name. Amen
Focal scriptures: Ezra 8:21-23; Ezekiel 11:19-20 2Chronicles 7:14 ; Isaiah 58:6-8.
Chosen Psalms -Psalm 113, 40,27 & 25.
1.Let everything that can breathe Praise the Lord, we thank you for life, preservation, healing, protection, health, sustenance, food, family and answers to prayers. The list is unending, we are grateful Lord, Receive our praise O Lord. Lord in your mercy, receive our thanksgiving.
- We thank you for those you have chosen to serve on the SEE committee. We pray for wisdom, patience and the insight only the Holy Spirit provides. We pray for discernment for them and accept your choice for us with thanksgiving for you know the end of all things from the beginning. We pray for a leader after God’s heart Jer 3:15
Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer.
- We pray for all who mourn that they shall be comforted, we pray for the oppressed, Father come to their aid, we pray for the lonely be their friend, we pray for the broken-hearted heal them completely. Lord hear us, Lord graciously hear us.
4.Father we thank you for all our blessings, our children and grandchildren. Thank you for keeping them well and safe, thank you for ordering their steps and leading them in your will.
Be glorified in their lives O Lord, be magnified through their lives O Lord. Jesus be the centre of their lives, thoughts and choices. Father be their banner, vision and guide. Lord in your mercy hear our prayers.
- Father we present ourselves to you, Lord crown this year with your goodness and cause our paths to drop fatness. We thank you for sparing our lives to see the 2nd half of the year, we are indeed grateful O Lord. We plead the blood of Jesus over all we have, animate and inanimate. There shall be no loss in our camp(s) and the latter part of this year shall be better than the former. We declare calmness, peace and Joy. Psalm 65:13 Lord in your mercy, hear our prayers.
- We pray for all workers in your Vineyard (Ordained & Laity) energise, encourage and encompass all with your presence. We pray against all distractions and time-wasting devices of the enemy. The Church is marching on and the gates of self and hell shall not prevail against it.1 Timothy 2:2 We pray for grace to continue in the different ministries you have called us to. As a branch fine tune what you will have us do this season and unite us in our pursuits to serve only you. None of us but all of you. Lord in your mercy, hear our prayers.
- Father rekindle your fire in the Mother’s Union worldwide. That Globally, nationally, diocesan and parish levels we will do your will serve your purpose and fulfil heavens mandate. We pray for the world wide President Sheran Harper, diocesan President Judith Meaden and the CEO Bev Jullien FloD. Grant them divine wisdom and renewed strength today and always. We pray for growth in the MU worldwide and especially in the UK. Psalm 92:10. Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer.
- We intercede for all our family members that do not know you Lord. We pray for the salvation of their souls, send your message and messenger to them Lord. We pray they will know you and serve you for the rest of their earthly lives. Ezekiel 11: 19-20 Lord hear us Father graciously hear us.
- We join the MU wave of prayer July 6-8. We pray for- Wad Medani in Sudan; Kondoa in Tanzania; Ikwo & Remo in Nigeria; Montreal in Canada and the Windward Islands in St Lucia, Grenada, St Vincent & The Grenadines. Lord perfect your work in these countries and all branches therein. Habakkuk 2:14
Isaiah 58:11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. Bring your personal petition before the throne of grace.
*The Mothers' Union Prayer* Loving Lord, we thank you for your love so freely given to us all. We pray for families around the world. Bless the work of the Mothers' Union as we seek to share your love through the encouragement, strengthening and support of marriage and family life. Empowered by your Spirit, may we be united in prayer and worship, and in love and service reach out as your hands across the world. In Jesus' name. Amen*
Thank you, Jesus, thank you Lord. Merciful Father accept these prayers for the sake of your son Jesus Christ. Amen** Prayer guide put together by Kemi Ademola
Posted: 8 Jul 2020 | There are 0 comments
You can comment on this article here (All fields required)