Serious Flooding in Myanmar
posted by: Joan | on: Friday, 9 October 2015, 18:37
There has been serious flooding in Myanmar, the worst for many years. Mothers’ Union Central Office is in contact with both the Mothers' Union Provincial Office and the Anglican Church of Myanmar to help support them and the relief teams in their efforts. We are also working with the wider Anglican Communion to establish what relief is needed and where it will be best placed. Until then we ask you to join with us and answer Archbishop Stephen’s request for prayer;
My dear brothers and sisters from the Anglican Communion,Please pray for Myanmar and the Province of Myanmar which is badly affected by the heavy flood. Within two weeks the flood will cover almost all states and divisions in Myanmar. This flood reminds me of the catastrophe affected by Cyclone Nargis in 2008. We need your prayers and support.
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” Psalm 46 vs. 9
Please pray for the following:
- We pray that in this time of trouble and devastation the people of Myanmar will feel the peace of God’s presence with them
- We pray for all families that have been affected by the flooding. We pray that the waters will dissipate as soon as possible and that the damage left behind will not be as bad as feared.
- We pray for Archbishop Primate of the province of Myanmar, Most Rev. Stephen Than Myint Oo, Nan Myint Yee, his wife and Mothers’ Union Provincial President in Myanmar and Cynthia Yin Yin Maw,
- Mothers Union CDC as they make contact with those in the affected areas, support Mothers’ Union members and consider how to respond to the disaster
- We pray for the Relief Committee and the diocese relief team as they aid the affected areas. We pray that they will able to reach all those in need and reassure those who need comfort. We pray that you will keep them safe and grant them safe passage as they enter areas still affected by the floods.
- We pray that you will help relief workers have wisdom and clarity in assessing need.
- We pray for all those waiting to hear if their families are safe and we pray that lines of communication are opened
- We pray for comfort for all those who have lost loved ones and their homes in this bleak time. May they know the gentle touch of our Lord at this time and in the times ahead
- We pray for the 8,726 members of Mothers’ Union in Myanmar; that their needs will be met and that they will bring comfort and support to those around them. We thank God for all the life-changing work that the Mothers’ Union there have achieved and for all that they will achieve in the future.
Posted: 9 Oct 2015 | There are 0 comments
You can comment on this article here (All fields required)